Wednesday, 25 April 2012

The Walk

Went for a walk through EC1 to look for RSD releases that I missed on Saturday. In Exmouth Market I saw a few records but not the few that I was after and I thought my luck would be out. I made my way to Liverpool St and then over to Brick Lane in Shoreditch. My target was Rough Trade East. There was an instore performance going on so the shop looked dark and I thought it was closing. I had a quick look at the racks and the first RSD release I spotted was the Morrissey Suedehead 10" so I was very pleased. Next I saw the 5 coloured vinyl releases by The Cure. The first 5 albums were all there with about 20 of each except for 17 Seconds which only had about 5 on the shelf. I chose my copies and then had a hopeful look for one of the Secret 7" Friday I'm In Love but my luck ran dry.

I popped into Cafe 2001 and I saw my little mate Lance who was DJing. He runs an electronica night on the last Tues of the month so I was lucky once more to chance a meeting. The food looked good so I ordered a vege grill and a can of beer; it was very nice and I don'y really like eggplant so I was surprised. The music was good and I noticed that one of the guys from squash was a guest DJ before Lance was on. There were a few guys from squash there so it was nice to say hello to them too. I had a quick chat to Lance who reminded me that we are going to see New Order next week at Brixton Academy so I will catch up with him then.

I had a really nice afternoon and it was great finding the records I was after. All-in-all this was a great early birthday present to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment